Friday 19 September 2008

Vampires beware

Well All the Alliums are now in. Sunday morning was fantastic. There was little to no wind and the sun was shining

I began with the big strip I used for my potatoes and sweet corn. This area had been fully prepared a few days back and was ready for planting.

I drove several one foot long garden canes into the ground and doubled this up at the opposite end of the strip to make some rows. Then I searched the shed for about twenty minutes for my garden string. After twenty minutes of opening boxes and falling over stuff my son had left laying around I finally found it.

I tied the string to the corner cane and worked down then sideways to the next one and then up again. Repeated this until the end. I barely had enough to complete the job but it looked nice.

Using a bit of birch branch for a dibber, I whacked in the lot. A hundred and fifty onions, Fifty Shallots and thirty Garlic Cloves.

I didn't finish there either. I drove in another sixty garlic cloves into the raised beds that I had the tomatoes in.

I rinsed out and then threw all the seaweed over the top of these new plantings and spread it out as best I could, feathers, shells and all.

Luvvly Jubbly.

When I returned on Tuesday the seaweed had dried out and something had pulled out several of the bulbs. I replanted them where I could but now have half a dozen Garlic bulbs to plant but don’t know where they came from. I'll keep hold of them until I can see some growth and use them to plug the holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi from Cazaux's Food Factory,

Hope you enjoyed the post, feel free to say hi, laugh at my ramblings, ask a question etc.

Regards,

CFF