Monday 8 September 2008

Stringy Beans

My parents stayed with us a couple of weeks back. On their last day we had a Sunday Roast.

The joint was a fantastic Rib roast of beef. Twenty six quids English pounds of organically reared South country beef rib roast from Waitrose.

It was sealed in flour, pepper, cracked mustard, celery salts and other bits and bobs I felt like throwing into my pestle at the time.


This was the first time I have amassed enough veg from the plot for the entire dinner.

We had a Courgette roasted in olive oil and seasoned (Marrow sized).
A Cauliflower and blanched Cabbage.
Roasted Marris Peers
French beans and Runners

Every thing except the runners was really tasty. I hadn't a clue how to prepare them so I hadn't chopped the stringy bits off.

After telling Shirley this she surprised me with a gift of a bean shredder, it basically removes the stringy bit and slices em up into thin strips in one go. I had the demo and it looks like it will do the job nicely. I dug up a Swede as a thank you. Swede is one of my favourite veg and mine are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi from Cazaux's Food Factory,

Hope you enjoyed the post, feel free to say hi, laugh at my ramblings, ask a question etc.

Regards,

CFF