Wednesday 20 May 2009

May Cazaux Time

It was a wonderful May evening and I have misplaced the keys to my shed. Not wanting to miss out on this fine spring sunset. I grabbed the camera and snapped away.


Heres a few pictures. The rest can be located here.


The flowers smell so sweety-sweet. Hello gardner, nice to meet. Berries are my favourite thing. Birds and flowers, it must be Spring.


One potato, two potato, three potato, four,
five potato, six potato, seven potato more.
Icha bacha, soda cracker,
Icha bacha boo.
Icha bacha, soda cracker, out goes Y-O-U!


I always eat my peas with honey;
I've done it all my life.
They do taste kind of funny
but It keeps them on my knife.


There was a young man from Prestatyn,
Who fancied he ought to learn Latin,
He said; 'I shall speak,
Of my hatred of leek,
But the Welsh don't have words to put that in.'


Sit while I sing you a fanciful song,
Which tells of the cabbage's lore.
It's not that exciting and not very long,
For the cabbage is often a bore.

How best to picture this much-maligned fruit
That has troubled the wisest of sages?
It is leafy and green and yet looks rather cute
When it's squashed in a book with large pages.

Fitted with wheels on its sides, it becomes
The most truly extraordinary car.
And when covered in tinsel and circled by plums,
It resembles a rather small star.

The cabbage was never the smartest of fruits,
But its uses outnumber its brains.
The leaves can be used to make edible suits,
And the stalk for unblocking the drains.

I hope you have learned of the cabbage's way,
And recall it if salads are bleak.
But now you should leave, for I fear, if you stay,
I will tell you the tale of the leek.


My Uncle Lionel
Is a spinach leaf,
The iron'll do you good
Boil him up for half a day
He'll taste like mashed up wood.


Beans, broad, the musical fruit
The more you eat, the more you toot!
Beans, broad, they are good for your heart.
The more you eat, the more you fart.
The more you fart, the more you eat,
The more you sit on the toilet seat!


Hot Corn, cold corn, bring along the demijohn
Hot Corn, cold corn, bring along the demijohn
Hot Corn, cold corn, bring along the demijohn
Fair thee well, uncle Bill, see you in the morning
Yes sir


They fell in love, then they married
A tomato bouquet she carried
Tomatoes cooked to perfection
Were served up at the reception
As they drove off they were showered
...Not with tomatoes but flowers!


Si tu me miras
Watching the sunset
Si tu me miras
Taking a picture
Of the sunset


Cauliflowers fluffy and cabbages green,
Strawberries sweeter than any I've seen
Beetroot purple and onions white:
All grow steadily day and night.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Goldmember. the plot looks great! The caulis, the carrots, the onions, the strawberries.... everything looks fab! Whats your secret? Ty for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Goldmember have you been at the elderberry wine?! I can't believe you have heads that size on the caulies already, and red strawberries!You are way ahead of us.We are possibly having the wettest May in living memory over here the ground is sodden and anything that was over ground just came to a halt. Our corn is about the same size as yours but battered and torn form the wind and rain I don't know if it will ever recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tatty. The secret is "Get yourself a garden gnome". Nobby does all the hard work while im stuck at work. Other than that - Gamble paid off this year - We didn't have a late frost so my "chancing" with early planting and cloching up a few of the more fragile things has paid off. A couple of my corn look as though somethings had a go at them too now.

    Peggy - Not yet but Its in full bloom now so I may give it a bash, I thought of the old "Beanz Beanz" song as I was uploading them and thought why not find loads more bad poems and lymerics for a laugh.

    Strawberries would pass the "pepsi Challenge" against the shop bought ones which often need a little suger to make them palatable.

    ReplyDelete

Hi from Cazaux's Food Factory,

Hope you enjoyed the post, feel free to say hi, laugh at my ramblings, ask a question etc.

Regards,

CFF