Friday 9 January 2009

New years reading tragedy


this year my parents bought me this book for Christmas.
I was really enjoying reading it on the way to and from work. Then on Wednesday evening as I was getting off the train at Leigh, it slipped out of my hands and fell down the gap and landed (opened) on the track. I watched in horror as the train began to move slowly. It thudded every couple of seconds as the wheels and several hundred tonnes of steel and passenger ran it over, then again, and again twenty or so more times until finally the train cleared the platform.

I jumped down and retrieved my gift. It was split in half and the pages on the second half of the book looked as though it had been passed through a shredder so I had to chuck it in the bin.

I was gutted. Will have to pop down to Waterstones and pick up another.


4 comments:

  1. Now that's unlucky! Must have been so upsetting to have to watch the train run over it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful. Have you confessed yet? Or are you just going to quietly buy a replacement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fessed up to my parents straight away.

    Didn't want them reading it on here first.

    ReplyDelete

Hi from Cazaux's Food Factory,

Hope you enjoyed the post, feel free to say hi, laugh at my ramblings, ask a question etc.

Regards,

CFF